Saturday, December 27, 2008

Naughty Blogger








Once again, I am delinquent in this whole blogging thing. To be perfectly honest, I'm not good at blogging...lol, as you can see. Alright time to play catchup! Well, since my last post, I've been to the doctor's twice and my progesterone has been increased to 300mg 3x a day vaginally. Gross you say, gross I say. At least it doesn't make me sleepy this time, it's just a pain doing the deed. I've also got a subchorionic hematoma. What's that you say?

SCH or Subchorionic Hematoma is a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus. A more technical name is the chorion. Some doctors will also just refer to it as a blood clot.

Causes of Subchorionic Hematoma

There is no known cause for a SCH but many researchers speculate that during egg implantation, the egg slightly separates or tears from the uterus causing a bleed. There is nothing a woman did or could have done to cause or prevent them. SCH occurs to pregnant women of all ages and races.

Anyhow, doctor said that is what may be causing my spotting. However, since I have been taking my progesterone supplements, the spotting has subsided, which has made me happy! More happy news, since I am fat (originally a fatty before getting pregnant b/c I gained too much weight on my honeymoon), I have to go on a diabetic diet and can only gain 15lbs max for the pregnancy. I have to learn how to eat every two hours and cut out all the food I love such as white breads, pasta, sugar, salt, etc. Boo, oh well, I should been dieting before I got pregnant but I love food too much and that is my vice. Since I am overweight, they made me take the glucose test. Yes that flat orange soda drink, yum, not. I think I passed, but since the doctor hasn't notified me, I don't really know. My level is 121 and from what I read the fail level is 135 or 145? The best part of being pregnant is going pee every 30 minutes and farting all the time. Yes people, all the time!

Peace out and happy new year!

No comments: