Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Congratulations, It's A Blastocyst!



Since this is my first post, introductions are in order. Hello my name is Mama to be to baby Bubo (just a nick name for now). The hubs and I have been married (as of today) for a little over 3 months. I'm a strange sort of gal that loves crafts, food, video games (especially Rock Band), and anything basically defined as cute (such as dogs, owls . . . ahem . . . bubo, sanrio, and everything else that catches my fancies). This blog is basically serving as my online journal through this crazy thing called motherhood. Alright on to to the real blogging . . . .

Basically hubs and I have been trying since we got married. In a rush, so you say. Hmmm...not really, but we both basically feel we are ready to have a baby. I'm approaching 30 and he is almost 32. It's about a good age to start having kids, right? Anyhow, after about two months of charting my BBT and determining when the right time is to, as hubs puts it, "leave a deposit in the bank," I finally got a BFP. TWICE. Pictures to come later on tonight. I tested last night and told hubs, but I think he's still in disbelief, and went on watching his wrestling show. I tested this morning and got the same result. BTW, while I was testing, hubs bust through the bathroom, telling me before he leaves, "don't take a pregnancy test today, I love you!" OK whatever, I did anyway . . . hee hee. Basically he said he won't believe the PT until I get a doctor to say I am officially pregnant. So, we'll wait. In the mean time, here's what's happening in my BELLY!
Bubo is the size of poppyseeds!
"In week 3, sperm meets egg, and voila: conception! Your little zygote sets off on a six-day trek through your fallopian tubes, dividing and redividing into identical cells as it travels to your uterus.

In week 4, now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) splits in two, becoming the embryo and the placenta. The amniotic sac and fluid are forming around baby, and will act as a cushion for the next eight months."

No comments: